[web] Working with XML schemas

Started by
2 comments, last by 255 18 years ago
I need to work on a site where communication with a database is done by XML. As usual, there seems to be no proper documentation. All I've been given is a bunch of XML schema files. My experience with XML schemas is limited to reading a few tutorials some years ago so I'd like to know if there are any free tools that make working with them easier. I've found a few validators on the net but what I'd really like is some sort of a template generator that reads a schema and outputs an XML example file with all the allowed tags and attributes.
Advertisement
It depends what you need to do. I haven't worked with XML much past parsing, reading, and writing the data. Xerces is pretty good for it - although the C/C++ library throws a few unneccessary exceptions. I didn't dig too deep into all the functionality, but it appears you can do just about anything you need to (XML, XSL, etc..). Its on the Apache site (so its thrifty too..) - check out the docs and see if thats what you need..

HTH

#dth-0
"C and C++ programmers seem to think that the shortest distance between two points is the great circle route on a spherical distortion of Euclidean space."Stephen Dewhurst
Quote:Original post by 255
but what I'd really like is some sort of a template generator that reads a schema and outputs an XML example file with all the allowed tags and attributes.

Hey there! Microsoft makes a tool to do this. I've used it before and found it quite handy.

Here's the link. There is a download link on that page. I don't remember having to build it, but if it needs you to, and you don't have Visual Studio, I'll send you my build.

Hope this helps!

Jake
Hey, thanks jakem3s90! The tool works quite well, although I have to switch to another OS to run it :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement