2d question

Started by
4 comments, last by giuseppe73 17 years, 12 months ago
i'm looking for a good 2d racing car algorithm, how to handle the road, one like the old wonderful amiga game lotus, i think it was the best 2d racing game ever realized, any suggestions or where to find infos? sorry for the english............thanx in advance!
Advertisement
Link 1
Link 2

Also consider using an existing library such as ODE and simply constraining one of the axis to simulate 2D.

EDIT:
Were you talking physics or something like an AI algorithm? Sorry if you weren't talking about physics, but that's what I thought you were.
Uhm...my question was for a technique how to handle the render of road not for car phisics, just how to render the road using 2d grafix, what's the algorithm used by lotus turbo esprit to render the road?
Thanx anyway dude!!!
Yeah, that first post was a little vague, I thought what Nick thought.

I don't know about that specific game, but aren't bitmaps enough? You can create the different road parts and just piece them together to create a new road. Or bezier(sp?) curves. Or, if you're doing 2D in OpenGL or DirectX, you could make the road out of alot of triangles.
Google: Mode 7

Pretty obsolete now, it's probably easier to do it properly.
Yup, i think original algorithm was using simple road 2d lines stretched by z distance.......uhmm.... i've made some tests but not good enough results..............i've problem with curves...........

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement