parser

Started by
2 comments, last by derek7 17 years, 12 months ago
I am learn .x file parser by d3d interface. IDirectXFile IDirectXFileEnumObject IDirectXFileData etc... so question: Is parser a kind of a serach arithorm? If I wanna parser all mesh data in a .x file. must I parser all data object?
Advertisement
parser

Quote:
In computer science, parsing is the process of analyzing an input sequence (read from a file or a keyboard, for example) in order to determine its grammatical structure with respect to a given formal grammar. It is formally named syntax analysis. A parser is a computer program that carries out this task. The name is analogous with the usage in grammar and linguistics. The term parseable is generally applied to text or data which can be parsed.

Parsing transforms input text into a data structure, usually a tree, which is suitable for later processing and which captures the implied hierarchy of the input. Generally, parsers operate in two stages, first identifying the meaningful tokens in the input, and then building a parse tree from those tokens.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Yes, you would have to read it in either byte-for-byte in binary format, or line-by-line in text format.

Parsing a simple index, vertex normal, vertex position, uv coordinates .x file in text format is not terribly difficult. If you need code, please pvt msg me.
Quote:Original post by taby
Yes, you would have to read it in either byte-for-byte in binary format, or line-by-line in text format.

Parsing a simple index, vertex normal, vertex position, uv coordinates .x file in text format is not terribly difficult. If you need code, please pvt msg me.

I private message to you.thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement