What kind of music do you listen to while coding?

Started by
43 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 17 years, 12 months ago
I listen to the sound and beat of my keyboard strokes [smile]. I guess that can be some form of music.

I also listen to the sound my mouse makes whenever I click the compile button.
Advertisement
Often I rotate through the stations on somaFM for unintrusive background music. Also stuff like Thievery Corporation, Daft Punk, DJ Tiesto, assorted jazz.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
Practically anything;

- Explosions in the sky
- Combichrist
- Panic! At the disco
- Agony Scene
the list goes on....
and on...
and on...

I pick more for my mood than what I'm doing, so if I happen to be in a metal mood then metal it is.. fancy some darkwave industrial noise, then on it goes.. you get the idea... lyrics or without doesn't bother me either [smile]
Mostly I end up listening to whatever cartoon my daughter is watching. Hmm, that might explain some of the typo's I end up with . . .
SDBradley
CGP
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." ~Mark Twain
Quote:Original post by IronGryphon
Mostly I end up listening to whatever cartoon my daughter is watching. Hmm, that might explain some of the typo's I end up with . . .

error: pikachu undeclared
This space for rent.
I get distracted by the vocal tracks in most music, so when I do something mentally engaging like programming, I listen to instrumental music.

Groove Salad is probably what I listen to most. Bam.
http://www.somafm.com/
Play my Crappy Games:Stantonia.com
Tchaikovsky, Copland, Beethoven, Mahler, Vivaldi, etc. =D
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Liquid Tension Experiment. Very nice.
HEAVY METAL!!!

Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Edguy, Symphony X, Judas Priest, Dream Evil, Hammerfall, AC/DC, Jag Panzer, The Cult, Dio, Megadeth, and Queensryche are on my current mp3 CDs at work.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
I normally don't listen to any music while coding.
When I do, it's almost always classics: Koji Kondo, etc
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement