Sign in to follow this  
RSL

Compiler Help

I need help running my compiler. I am using Dev-C++, but whenever I compile a program, it just says this error : Unable to run program file. Why is this? It never happened before, and if that error shows, it doesn't even compile the rest of the code, and doesn't check for errors either. It won't even create an executable for me, and I'm working on a text RPG called WoL. This problem is the same with all program types on the compiler, including Window programs. But right now I'm just making Win32 Console Applications. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Is it on my compiler, or is it a problem on my computer? Note : This problem never happened before, and Win32 Console Applications still run fine, as long as they are not compiled by my compiler. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks -Ryan

My guess is that devcpp can't find the compiler. Devcpp is the IDE, and it uses a compiler called mingw to actually compile the code, you can download it seperatly. Make sure you have a program called mingw32-g++.exe, iirc in a subfolder called bin of your devcpp installation and that devcpp can find it. If it's not working out for you, you could consider doing a new install. (Though I would want to find out what happened).