• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Promit

'Exact match' in member search

This topic is 4801 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The Member Search function does a substring search on the nick name, and is limited to ~100 results. The result is that if you're searching for a particular person with a very short name, it's basically impossible to find them (for an example of this, try to look up Ra's profile). If would be nice if we could request the search to only attempt an exact match.

Advertisement
Hrm, that is exactly the profile I was trying to find when I discovered the problem. Are you trying to find out why the two of you are on programwizard's "friends" list? [wink]

Quote:
Original post by tstrimp
Hrm, that is exactly the profile I was trying to find when I discovered the problem. Are you trying to find out why the two of you are on programwizard's "friends" list? [wink]

I tried this too (ended up just using the search box on the upper right of the page)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!