std::string errors in release mode

Started by
3 comments, last by Tera_Dragon 17 years, 11 months ago
When building in release mode I get the run time error: "Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime Library has detected a fatal error in Blank.exe." for the code std::string str = "string"; What's going on here?
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Advertisement
No idea. Can we see some source code? How do you know it's that part of the code causing the problem?
I just realized that I'm including <string> in a debug version of a lib, I'll check now to see if that's the reason.
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Are you passing STL objects over a DLL boundary? If so, are you using the DLL CRT? And if so, did you remember to set up the release build to use the DLL CRT too? I've managed to miss that a few times...
I was including a .lib file built in debug mode. The lib had included <string> and it looks like that was causing the error. I built a release version of the lib and it solved the problem.
Is there a way to declare a class that is in a different namespace so that you don't have to include the header?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement