April '06 SDK and VS2005

Started by
1 comment, last by AdamWebb 17 years, 11 months ago
I've recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2005 and have just downloaded and installed the April 2006 SDK. But it doesn't look as if the SDK has installed completely. Not only have the lib and include directories not been updated but I can't seem to create a project from a Direct3D Template (a feature I was sure would be present) or add a .fx file to a current project. I followed the install correctly so what's going on?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by AdamWebb
Not only have the lib and include directories not been updated but I can't seem to create a project from a Direct3D Template (a feature I was sure would be present)
The "AppWizard" technology hasn't been part of the DXSDK for years - check out the "Install Project" links in the Sample Browser [smile]

Quote:Original post by AdamWebb
or add a .fx file to a current project.
Not sure mines every done that. Just create a new text/data file and provide it with a ".fx" extension and it should work fine. The plugin(s) should still pick up and highlight the file, even if theres no obvious way of creating one...

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Um, okay that's weird. The last install of the SDK I did for VC++ Express resolved the library and include file directories for me (Feb '06 I think it was).

Thanks Anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement