When contests are on?

Started by
9 comments, last by viblo 17 years, 10 months ago
Firstly, I'd like to make it clear that I'm sorry for posting this. I'm 100% positive I've missed something really obvious on this forum. Anyway, I'd just like to know the following about the competitions: When are they on? What kind of frequency are they on? Is there somewhere I can sign up to in order to be notified the first day the contest starts? Is there a tutorial on submitting things? If someone could answer these questions or, more likely, post me a link to where these questions have already been answered, I'd be very greatful. Thanks!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Fraza
Firstly, I'd like to make it clear that I'm sorry for posting this. I'm 100% positive I've missed something really obvious on this forum.
No, not at all. To be honest your questions serve to remind me of the job I'm supposed to be doing...

Quote:
When are they on?
Whenever I (or others) have the time to run them.

Quote:
What kind of frequency are they on?
One every couple of months, really - though you're guaranteed at least one big contest a year (like one that runs for 6 months), usually starting in the summer.

Quote:Is there somewhere I can sign up to in order to be notified the first day the contest starts?
Not currently. I should set that up.

Quote:
Is there a tutorial on submitting things?
Nope, partly because it's specific to each contest, but partly because the process is pretty straightforward (upload to FTP and fill out a form).

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Did you saw this one:
48-Hour Game Programming Competition (Starting: April 28 2006 8:00 PM US Pacific)
Quote:Original post by Kambiz
Did you saw this one:
48-Hour Game Programming Competition (Starting: April 28 2006 8:00 PM US Pacific)

Can I use any of the themes from the final round of theme voting for my submission to that competition?
I don't believe this contest is associated with Gamedev.net

If you want to enter the contest, the theme you have to work on is swarms. The final round of voting was to determine which of the 10 themes would be used. I believe it's done this way so that people can't get much of a head start. Doesn't stop people from trying to think of stuff though.

It's been running for 11 hours or so by now so better get started if you wanna give it a shot. At this instant though (7:30 am MTN) it looks as though the site is down for whatever reason.
Quote:Original post by kseh
I don't believe this contest is associated with Gamedev.net

Nope, sure ain't.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

eh, dammit, I guess I need to run another 3H-GDC.

Won't be this week, I'm taking my car apart.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

It would be nice to know a week or two in advance when a contest starts. It doesn't matter so much for 4E contests, but, for instance, I found the dual vision (?) contest really interesting and had a cool idea, but didn't have time to prepare so I didn't enter.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote:Original post by Srekel
It would be nice to know a week or two in advance when a contest starts. It doesn't matter so much for 4E contests, but, for instance, I found the dual vision (?) contest really interesting and had a cool idea, but didn't have time to prepare so I didn't enter.

Noted. For what it's worth, 4E5 will be starting in the next week or two [smile]

Quote:Original post by superpig
Noted. For what it's worth, 4E5 will be starting in the next week or two [smile]

I don't know whether to jump for joy or scream because I am still in school (over the summer, again[sad]).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement