Tablet advice requested

Started by
12 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 11 months ago
I need to buy a digitizing tablet. Does anybody know what would be the best brand to buy and where? I live in Cali, La Canada sorry about the help thing it's just that , that way, people answer faster. :) [Edited by - Run_The_Shadows on April 28, 2006 10:41:51 PM]
AjM&*SoG
Advertisement
One word: Wacom
Your best bet is online to get the best prices.
Warning: Not cheap.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

I understand you want help immediately, but can we refrain from making posts with only a single-word title and more punctuation than letters?
I personally have a Wacom tablet and it is very nice. It came with adobe photoshop elements 2.0, corel draw or something like that and various other graphics packages, so yeah it's great. Wacom would be the best way to go, mine was on sale at officeworks and i got it for $80. Best money ever spent.
I also have a Wacom tablet, intuos 3. It's 6x8, don't think that you need 9x12 because that seems like a good size, you will realize you only draw on a portion of the tablet anyway and 6x8 is plenty big. And they are very nice, I like it more than I like doing art on paper.

Don't know what your price range is but mine cost 288 dollars.
thanks a lot!
AjM&*SoG
I was able to get a 4x5 Wacom Graphire packaged in with the full version of Painter 9 (and Photoshop Elements 3) for $300 from the publisher a couple of months ago. 6x8 is better, but I was very happy to get the tablet with the software I did, since the software is just as important.

Of course, I also have an older Wacom Intuous 12x12 that I got for around $150 total (also buying a Keyspan USB-Serial adapter) on eBay. It's actually a bit big, and the square shape is all but useless as I work on a widescreen laptop, but hey, for the price, it was a great deal.

I looked at other tablets, but I agree, Wacom is the only way to go. Pretty much any tablet will work for you. Some professinals swear by the latest models only, but I'm also a professional artist, and I've been happy with whatever Wacom I've had the opportunity to work with. 4x5 is a little small, and 12x12 is a bit unwieldy, but my best suggestion would be to decide on your budget and see what deals you can find.
so ebay is the way to go then ???
where else could I find great deals on wacom tablets that are basically brand new??
AjM&*SoG
Well, like I said, I got a brand new 4x5 with Painter 9. It was a sweet bundle deal that they have occasionally. Check their site for deals, and you might be lucky. Wacom might also have deals on them from time to time. Just shop online, and you'll likely find something.
http://apps.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html
thanks
AjM&*SoG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement