Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Koder

LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main reference error

I am tryting to right a simple opengl program but i get this error "LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup" I was wondering what setting do i put it on for opengl (not seted up window with win32 and use OGL, just plain OGL) do i make a win32 console project first and then in wizard go to the tab and select windows, or do i select a win32 project and select console window in the wizard tabb? I am using Visual C++ .NET Here is the code: <code> #include <windows.h> #include <gl/glut.h> void RenderScene(void) { // Clears the window with the current clearing color glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); // Flush drawing commands glFlush(); } void SetupRC(void) { glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0, 1.0); } //Main Program Entry Point void Main(void) { glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB); glutCreateWindow("Simple"); glutDisplayFunc(RenderScene); SetupRC(); glutMainLoop(); } </code>

If you want make it a console app:
int main(void)
{
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
//etc
}

If its a windows app:
INT WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hinst,HINSTANCE hprev,LPSTR wp,INT cmdshow)
{
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
//etc
}

So if I want it to be a console I go to project >> name properties >> C++ >> prepocessor definition << and change fomr WIN32;_DEBUG;_WIN32 TO WIN32;_DEBUG;_CONSOLE, and then go to linker >> system >> sub system << and chanhge it from Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE) to Console (/SUBSYSTEM:WIN_32? Right so thier opposites or is this process vise -versa?