Sign in to follow this  

DropWars - Simple Island Hopping Game

This topic is 4248 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello All, Here is a little game I wrote last night/this morning in which either 1 or 2 players (1 player vs AI) attempt to capture flags on islands with drop ships carrying infantry. The infantry spawn from friendly held flags, up to a maximum limit. Gameplay can be 2 players on the same keyboard, or you can use joysticks/gamepads if they are plugged in (up to 2). It is a split screen (arranged horizontally) view. Here is the download link (under 2MB) DropZone Instructions For How To Play in ReadMe.Txt within Zip. Here is the title page screenshot: [Edited by - Matt Lloyd on April 29, 2006 5:07:46 PM]

Press 'Down Arrow' Key To Switch Between Pick Up and Drop Off Modes. While in 'Pick Up Mode' infantry will get in the drop ship when it flies overhead, while in 'drop off mode' they will appear on the ground beneath the dropship.

Infantry spawns automatically at any flags that you own, the dropship can only carry 8 at once though. Every 5-10 seconds an infantry spawns at each flag that you own, unless the maximum limit for the map has been reached (around 80 infantry). Note that the maximum limit is shared by both sides.

Not exactly sure on how guys spawn, I played it again and this time I picked up guys, dropped to capture a flag, then picked them up right away, and tried to get more flags.

*edit i guess that there is a maximum number of guys and they randomly spawn at a flag if guys < max_guys. I dont know, it takes so long to get back to pickup guys. Maybe add a new unit or something.

Sign in to follow this