Sign in to follow this  

DX8 - DX9

This topic is 4247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am reading a book on some rendering techniques, and the samples are in DX8, now I'm currently using DX9, and so my question is can I easyly convert the code from DX8 to DX9 (e.g. dx8light becomes dx9light, (name made up)). It's been ages since I've last coded in DX so any hints on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's pretty easy to move back and forth (I recently shifted our entire codebase back to DX8, which was fun :) There's some differences (mainly around D3DX, and the way states are handled), but shouldn't take long for a competent programmer to work out. The diff's are less between DX8 and DX9 than between any of the previous versions.

Have fun,

Allan

Quote:
Original post by __ODIN__
It's pretty easy to move back and forth (I recently shifted our entire codebase back to DX8, which was fun :) There's some differences (mainly around D3DX, and the way states are handled), but shouldn't take long for a competent programmer to work out. The diff's are less between DX8 and DX9 than between any of the previous versions.

Have fun,

Allan

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will stick with DX9 then and work out any glitches to the best of my abilities.

This topic is 4247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.