Metal Gear Solid 4 - Realtime Devkit Demo!!!

Started by
18 comments, last by HeartattacK 17 years, 10 months ago
Sure the lighting looked great on the main character, were is the rest of the game? There is no way they can have the much detail on all objects while running the complete game. But, the art looks pretty damn good.

If they can put this game out at launch they will sell alot of consols, but otherwise the 360 has games coming that look just as good graphically, if not better. The 360 has so much more potential, I guess its just up to the developers to fullfill that though...

is 7 floating points over 3 going to give you much advantage? cell processors...psshh, who needs them
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by speu
is 7 floating points over 3 going to give you much advantage? cell processors...psshh, who needs them

And 640K should be more than enough memory for any home computer.

http://www.PascalGameDevelopment.com := go on, write a game instead;
Quote:Original post by OrangyTang
Quote:Original post by savage
I have always raved about Metal Gear Solid 3, which I must re-iterate is the best PS2 console game I have ever played

You need to get out more.

It's called opinion. ;)
Quote:Original post by Enselic

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

It looks like a prerendered movie! PS3 is going to pwn the XBox360 so hard (but Ninendo Wii will still be teh funniest). I love that you can see the indivudual lcd screen pixel in the game.

Before having a fanboygasm you might want to check out Kojima's recent interview. Here, I'll even a quote a bit for you:

Quote:
1UP: With your debut of the Tokyo Game Show Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, which has seen wide distribution in both Japanese magazines, online, and in the U.S. Official PlayStation Magazine recently, it really heralded the dawn of the next-generation. Everything else has been polished and nice, but this was so powerful, so compelling you even had to do a real-time demonstration at TGS to prove it was running on PS3 hardware. That said, it makes you wonder how much of a gap there is between the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Do you think you could create MGS4, technically, on 360 if you wanted to?

Hideo Kojima: Yes, that's technically possible. I want to express, first of all, it's not that I don't like Xbox or 360. It's just that last year, our hands were really tied to MGS3, so the other Konami developers were able to get their hands on the 360 tools and hardware earlier. But we simply didn't have time to do that last year. So, meaning that we were behind the other developers in terms of 360 development. Kojima Productions has this philosophy that we want to be the first in everything regarding new technology. So after we finished MGS3, the option was to work on the PS3 to try all the new things for Metal Gear Solid 4. The only reason for this is I'm the kind of person who wants to be the first person on the moon, and don't want to be asking "what the moon was like?" from other people. So that's the real story behind selecting PS3.

1UP: It's interesting that you think you could do this on 360, though.

Hideo Kojima: Maybe some nuance or a small details here and there might be different, but I feel that hardware is no longer a matter. I'm just talking about PS3, 360 and PC. Revolution is totally different, but there are really no differences among the other three.

If you're whipping out the $600 for the PS3 ( or $800 in your area I assume? ) then do it for some reason besides expectations of prettier pictures. The 360 and PS3 are basically level in terms of power. Sorry. [grin]
The 360 came out a year ago. Which Kojima game made us drool then? If it's just new obsessions, then why did he spend so much time with previous gen MGS3? Why did he ignore the 360? Do u expect Kojima to say the 360 CAN'T do something like that? He's from a third party company. He'll have to look at his own interests before putting a system (and maybe his own team) down. Here's a question for all you coders: if u were presented a coding challenge, would u say it ain't possible? I know I wouldn't.
Quote:Original post by HeartattacK
The 360 came out a year ago. Which Kojima game made us drool then? If it's just new obsessions, then why did he spend so much time with previous gen MGS3? Why did he ignore the 360? Do u expect Kojima to say the 360 CAN'T do something like that? He's from a third party company. He'll have to look at his own interests before putting a system (and maybe his own team) down. Here's a question for all you coders: if u were presented a coding challenge, would u say it ain't possible? I know I wouldn't.

Programmers all the time bitched about the PS2 being hell to program for. So I don't see why Kojima would be any different.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

A lot of 'em were bitchin'. Kojima was showing us magazines getting shredded by a gun in Sons of Liberty. Thus, hard work by smart guys worked magic while the others "bitched".
Looks good, but then, so does Crysis for the 360.

Not that I care any, it's wii for me.
Quote:Original post by HeartattacK
A lot of 'em were bitchin'. Kojima was showing us magazines getting shredded by a gun in Sons of Liberty. Thus, hard work by smart guys worked magic while the others "bitched".

Point taken, but that doesn't mean that he or they weren't bitchin' about it while they were doing said magic.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I never said it was easy coding the PS2. Of course they bitched. But they were "rewarded" for their work. MGS2 was head and shoulders above the other PS2 titles - graphically at the least.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement