Sign in to follow this  

Beginner games

This topic is 4243 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

this new school generation really needs to behold the wonders of Atari. If you look up the Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 (just to name a few), you'll find a number of games that you can make and give you very good experience in making games.

But just because I'm nice, I'll drop some ideas [smile]. Space Invaders, Centipede, Mario Bros (NO, NOT Super Mario Bros. just Mario Bros.), Pong, Tetris, Galaga, Asteroids, Frogger, Desert Falcon, Karateka (these two were on the Atari XE), Joust.

For Beginners - here we come!

I'd agree with the analysis of previous posters: tic tac toe or perhaps tetris is a good simple game to implement. Pong would be another choice. Just recognize that 'simple' really does mean 'simple'. A lot of new coders make the mistake of thinking that even something like Super Mario Brothers would be a quick and easy project.

Sorry, I thought it would be surpassingly obvious that the Quake 3 comment was a joke. The other stuff was serious, dunny why edit it out, but here's those same ideas (what I can remember):

- Arkanoid
- Spacewar ( <-- really simple + old school)
- 2d version of the Tron lightcycles game

This topic is 4243 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.