Beginner games

Started by
8 comments, last by Replicon 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi, For school i have to make a simple game in C#, would anyone have any suggestions for a good beginner game to make? thanks
Advertisement
Tic-tac-toe.. it is a classic.

theTroll
this new school generation really needs to behold the wonders of Atari. If you look up the Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 (just to name a few), you'll find a number of games that you can make and give you very good experience in making games.

But just because I'm nice, I'll drop some ideas [smile]. Space Invaders, Centipede, Mario Bros (NO, NOT Super Mario Bros. just Mario Bros.), Pong, Tetris, Galaga, Asteroids, Frogger, Desert Falcon, Karateka (these two were on the Atari XE), Joust.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by TheTroll
Tic-tac-toe.. it is a classic.

theTroll

Oh... if it's that simple then a graphical or textual Hangman.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Thanks guys ^^
Pong and Tetris are pretty high up there.
Hangman!
Try not to write anything overly complicated like Quake3 - it's not something you can probably do just yet.

[Edited by - Run_The_Shadows on April 29, 2006 11:34:56 PM]
For Beginners - here we come!

I'd agree with the analysis of previous posters: tic tac toe or perhaps tetris is a good simple game to implement. Pong would be another choice. Just recognize that 'simple' really does mean 'simple'. A lot of new coders make the mistake of thinking that even something like Super Mario Brothers would be a quick and easy project.
Sorry, I thought it would be surpassingly obvious that the Quake 3 comment was a joke. The other stuff was serious, dunny why edit it out, but here's those same ideas (what I can remember):

- Arkanoid
- Spacewar ( <-- really simple + old school)
- 2d version of the Tron lightcycles game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement