(Resolved)bump stage blending

Started by
4 comments, last by Adriano 17 years, 11 months ago
Hello. How can I blend a dot3 bump map stage with the preceiding ones? Should I put the bump map first and then blend it with other stages? [Edited by - Adriano on May 1, 2006 7:08:53 AM]
Advertisement
Just use shaders. :)

If you must use texture stages, though, you must blend in a later stage, which you can do either by putting the DP3 stage first or using D3DTA_TEMP functionality to store previous results.
Quote:Just use shaders. :)

Doh!

I'm not taking on shaders by now, so I'll consider the other approach you mentioned. I swear this is one of the last things I do without shaders :)
Thank you
I don't seem to get it.
Can you be more specific about the stage states to use?

Now I put bump map on stage 0, texture on satge 1.
I use D3DTOP_DOTPRODUCT3, D3DTA_TEXTURE, D3DTA_TFACTOR for the bump map stage on stage 0 and it's correctly rendered on the material
then I set D3DTOP_MODULATE, D3DTA_CURRENT, D3DTA_TEXTURE for the texture on stage 1 and this displays the texture but not the bump map...
Where am I wrong?

Thx for any replies
That sounds correct, so it's likely a simple typo in your code. Are you sure all of stage 1's setup is being done on stage 1 (ie: no copy and paste errors)?

Do you disable stage 2? You should.

Do you have an alpha op on both stages? It's illegal to have a color op with no alpha op, and the driver may do *anything*.
Great! I made the adjustments you suggested.
Now it works fine.
Thanks for your help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement