Need help with the lame msvcr80.dll problem [solved]

Started by
3 comments, last by joanusdmentia 17 years, 11 months ago
If I open a visual studio 6 dsw and conver to a sln for visual studio 2005, it compiles fine. If I copy the code and try to copile it seperatly, it creates a manifest file and asks for a dll to be installed. So I turn off the manafest generation but it still asks for a dll. How do I disable this dll crap so I dont need to distribute it with my application? [Edited by - ViperG on April 29, 2006 5:17:23 PM]
Black Sky A Star Control 2/Elite like game
Advertisement
Never mind I found the problem

I was compiling with md and I want to compile with mt.

Mt means staticly linking to dlls insteady of dynamically linking to them (which means you need them as well.)
Black Sky A Star Control 2/Elite like game
No.

/MT means to dynamically link against the release-mode multithreaded DLL's, which have already been installed on your test system
/MD means to dynamically link against the debug-mode multithreaded DLL's, which haven't been installed on your test system (since you generally don't distribute debug versions, just release versions)
EDIT: [imwithstupid]

There is no such think as statically linking against a DLL (Dynamic Link Library).

[Edited by - joanusdmentia on April 30, 2006 12:34:12 AM]
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Actually, /MT means to link with the multi-threaded static lib runtime and /MD means to link with the multi-threaded dll runtime. The debug variations are /MTd and /MDd respectively.
Yeah, just saw that myself and was coming back to fix it

....my bad [smile]
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement