Sign in to follow this  

Test for hardware support for accumulation buffer?

This topic is 4250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How would one go about checking for hardware support for the accumulation buffer? That is, is there any internal GL function to do such a thing? I'm asking because I wish to use the accumulation buffer for motion blur, but if the accumulation buffer is not available I would just copy to a texture instead, which still works but seems to be a bit clumsier. I'm aiming for not so high end graphics cards, but then I don't want to force a "lowest common denominator" effect. I've looked around, and I've found some applications that do this, but when I tested those, I get back that my card does support the accumulation buffer when it doesn't have hardware support. Thanks.

I would assume you need to setup the accum buffer with PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR and check to see if it was setup correctly? Why not use FBO's instead of the accum buffer, if you are doing depth of field or shadowmapping with multiple lights ect... seems to be the better way to go these days... Just a thought.

This topic is 4250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.