Sign in to follow this  

AP Computer Science AB Exam

This topic is 4249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, im in high school right now, and im planning to take the AP Computer Science AB exam (on tuesday) and i was wondering if you all had some last suggestions on what to study. I took the A portion last year and passed with a 4, after doing a semister of studying on my own. this yeah i have done the same as far as the independant study, but i wanna get that 5 and was hoping that you all would have some good advice as to what i could do to bump my score this year thanks in advance! P.S. This is not a last minute desperate study cram kinda thing ;-)

Heh, I would make sure you know the different kinds of data structures (list, queue, stack, tree) and how they work. Practice analyzing recursive functions. Finally, know (pre/post/in)-order tree traversal. They always ask at least one question on those I think.

Good luck, if you did ok on the A and have been studying hard you'll do ok on the AB

I'm also taking it tuesday. I took a practice test and got a 5, but what i still needed work on was knowning the runtime complexities of the different sorts and when to use which sort. (There where 3 questions i missed because of it). Good luck... btw- I couldn't believe how much code base they had already made for the test

EDIT: The marine case study is what I was talking about with the large code base, I also forgot, know a lot about trees. Think trees, trees, trees

They're still using the marine biology case study? They've been using that one for years. Back when C++ was still the language, oh those were the days. I was going to suggest you work on pointers, but now everything is Java. In that case, work primarily on data structures, algorithms, and recursion, as others have said. I never took the AP exam, but if it's anything like the IB high level CS exam, then they really drill all the good stuff.

This topic is 4249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.