Sign in to follow this  

ODE trimesh collisions do not work!

This topic is 4244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm having problems with trimesh collisions in ODE. When calling dCollide() between a trimesh and any other geometry object, I never get any collision points. Even the sample ODE collision apps (Test_MovingTrimesh and Test_Trimesh) do not work. In Test_MovingTrimesh, the rabbit mesh falls right through the floor and other geometry objects do not collide with it. I thought at first it might be a compile flag not set right, such as the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag in the user-settings. However, I read somewhere that I would be getting linking errors when trying to use the trimesh objects if the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag was commented. I am compiling the libraries (ode.lib, oded.lib, OPCODE.lib, OPCODE_D.lib) with visual studio. What's the fix? Thanks! [Edited by - whather on April 30, 2006 2:01:31 AM]

yeah, the only flag I found was the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag (in the user-settings) which i set to OPCODE_DIRECTORY=C:\ode-0.5\OPCODE

This still didn't solve my problem though. :/

Assuming windows, ODE comes with a series of .bat files to switch the
configuration around for you.
You need to run the one labeled : configure-single-trimesh.bat or configure-double-trimesh.bat
before selecting the VS project to compile from.

This fixed it for me when I ran into a similar problem, since I forgot to run the proper .bat.

This topic is 4244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.