ODE trimesh collisions do not work!

Started by
5 comments, last by whather 17 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys, I'm having problems with trimesh collisions in ODE. When calling dCollide() between a trimesh and any other geometry object, I never get any collision points. Even the sample ODE collision apps (Test_MovingTrimesh and Test_Trimesh) do not work. In Test_MovingTrimesh, the rabbit mesh falls right through the floor and other geometry objects do not collide with it. I thought at first it might be a compile flag not set right, such as the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag in the user-settings. However, I read somewhere that I would be getting linking errors when trying to use the trimesh objects if the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag was commented. I am compiling the libraries (ode.lib, oded.lib, OPCODE.lib, OPCODE_D.lib) with visual studio. What's the fix? Thanks! [Edited by - whather on April 30, 2006 2:01:31 AM]
Advertisement
which version of ode are you using? Try the latest CVS version, a similar problem occures with the officiel version
Gregory Jaegy[Homepage]
I'm using the newest stable version of ODE (ode-0.5).
Trimesh collisions can be tricky with ODE. You have to compile it with trimesh collisions enabled. There should be a flag somewhere in there for it.
yeah, the only flag I found was the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag (in the user-settings) which i set to OPCODE_DIRECTORY=C:\ode-0.5\OPCODE

This still didn't solve my problem though. :/
Assuming windows, ODE comes with a series of .bat files to switch the
configuration around for you.
You need to run the one labeled : configure-single-trimesh.bat or configure-double-trimesh.bat
before selecting the VS project to compile from.

This fixed it for me when I ran into a similar problem, since I forgot to run the proper .bat.
Thanks KulSeran, it worked! Bah I can't believe I didn't see those .bat files :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement