Rendering problem in 3DS Max

Started by
2 comments, last by Matt Carr 17 years, 11 months ago
I'm having a problem when I render my model. Below is a print screen from the 3DS Max window of my model which is normal, but when I render it, it comes out with a weird wireframe and it extremely bright as you can see further below. I've tried changing options in the render window and environment lighting. I don't know much about 3DS Max in general and especially the rendering side of things. Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
Advertisement
Apply a default material to it and see what happens.
-------------www.robg3d.com
I'm no 3DS user, but it looks like you're rendering a shaded wireframe viewpoint. It is refered to as edged facets. Check your global rendering settings and materials settings and make sure you're not rendering as or with wifreframe. You should be using something like Blinn or Phong.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
It seemed to be a problem with the material. The texture was a Targa file and in the material editor it looked like the rendered version. I resaved it in a different format and now it's fine. Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement