Sign in to follow this  
Endar

BSP plane partitioning

I'm writing my bsp tree and I'm looking into how I should create a plane to partition a set of vertices. Most of the articles I've seen don't really go into how to choose a plane for the vertices, which really makes me think that it's dependent on the purpose of the bsp tree or personal preference or something like that. How should I go about doing this?

Quote:
Original post by Endar
Most of the articles I've seen don't really go into how to choose a plane for the vertices, which really makes me think that it's dependent on the purpose of the bsp tree or personal preference or something like that.

That is correct. Typically, the polygons themselves are used as the splitting planes, because they already represent a boundary. In many situations, the polygons would be a bad choice, so you have to come up with another splitting method.

hmm u mean the partioning plane (splitting)?
what i do is loop through the list of faces, each time i choose a face and classify the other faces to them, then at the end i select the face that has almost equal classifications on both sides (Front and back)