Sign in to follow this  
SpreeTree

Ignoring Projects in Visual Studio Solutions

Hi I'm currently working on a project which comes with multiple Visual Studio projects in one solution. A lot of the time, I am only working on one project, which doesn't effect any of the others, but then I may need to quickly jump over to another project and work on that. Is there a way to tell Visual Studio to ignore a project when doing a compile, so when I do a full-build, it only builds the ones I am currently working on? I know there is an option to exclude source files from a build, so I guess I am looking for something similar to that. I'm using VS2003, but I can move to 2005 if an option exists there. Thanks Spree

this is for vs2k5 but may be the same. build->configuration manager. there's a checkbox for each project.

2005 has an option, Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Only build startup project and dependencies on Run. This ensures that VS will only build the current startup project and its dependencies when you launch the project.

Quote:
Original post by gumpy macdrunken
this is for vs2k5 but may be the same. build->configuration manager. there's a checkbox for each project.

Thanks, I found the same option in 2003. I had seen that option before but it never really registered.

Thanks for that, its made my build times about 90% faster :)

Spree