4E5

Started by
148 comments, last by Avatar God 17 years, 10 months ago
They'll show up on the contest page. And it's closer to six months this time around, Mushu [smile]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Mushu
Quote:Original post by u235
Blast it all! I won't be around when the elements are revealed. I'm going to be about one day late getting started because of that. [sad] Will they be announced on this thread or the contest page? I would imagine the contest page but I just want to make sure. Can't waste any time going to the wrong page.

The contest runs for like 5 months. I doubt you'll far that far behind [wink]

I know. I was just joking (mostly) [smile], but I can't help but feel this pressing sense of lonliness at being, most likely, the last person of those who already know about the contest to find out the elements* [sad].

-AJ

*This also is just a joke (mostly) [grin]
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
Less than 2 hours left... I can hardly contain my excitement :D
Aargh, bloody timezones. Almost made me think I'd configured it for EDT instead of EST...

This means I was wrong earlier for UK peeps - it'll roll out at 5pm, not 4. Sorry. (EST = GMT-5, UK = GMT+1, therefore 6hr difference, 1100 + 6hr = 1700h).

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

like omgwtf
alright its now 11:03 AM EST and i still haven't seen the elements

EDIT: oh is it 1100 hours as in 12 pm?? geez i wont be here then :(
-Chris
Quote:Original post by giveblood
like omgwtf
It's currently 11:03 AM EDT, not EST. EST is an hour behind.

Had me fooled aswell [smile]
45 minutes to go o//
Best regards, Omid
Quote:Original post by superpig
Quote:Original post by giveblood
like omgwtf
It's currently 11:03 AM EDT, not EST. EST is an hour behind.

Does EST mean something different outside of America? Because in the US I live in the "Eastern Time Zone" or EST...

Actually, just looked it up. Is this EDT supposed to be our time including Daylight Savings or something? Because I've lived in this time zone a good chunk of my life and never heard of EDT.

EDIT: My dad tells me I am an idiot. It may be true.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Quote:Original post by intrest86
Actually, just looked it up. Is this EDT supposed to be our time including Daylight Savings or something?
Yes. EST is always supposed to be GMT/UTC -5.

Next year I'll just use GMT/UTC and avoid all this confusion... goddamn timezone authorities. Who invented DST anyway, it's a crazy idea...

The official U.S Time

Quote:
You have chosen the Eastern timezone
Coordinated Universal Time -4 hours; Daylight Saving Time.
Best regards, Omid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement