GLSL and vs 2005, sample project from orange book

Started by
1 comment, last by brian_a 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi guys, long time troll lurker finally rearing my head to ask questions. in trying to compile: olg2brick example from the opengl orange book in visual studio 2005 at the linker stage produces the following error 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib' I have installed and setup (as far as per instuctions) the GLEW library. If there is a more specific forum for GLSL let me know. Thanks in advance. [Edited by - brian_a on May 1, 2006 1:33:45 AM]
Advertisement
LIBC.lib is the old single-threaded library; afaik, it's not available in VS 2005 (at least the Express version). You should use the multithreaded library instead. The option to change this is usually under the C++/Code Generation section of the project properties (its "Runtime Library"). If the project was converted, LIBC.lib might end up appear in the Command-Line section of the Linker properties or in the Additional Dependancies section of the linker properties. If so, find it and remove it.

Incidentally, did you mean "lurker" instead of "troll?" :P
the project was converted to vs2005. the project properties were already set as you suggested. however, the same link error is popping up. just fyi, im running vs2005 pro.

this thread solved my issue. although it seems a little odd.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement