directX

Started by
5 comments, last by andy_boy 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi ( didn't know whether to post here or on directX, as I have a basic questions) 1) I have VC++6, and I want to know whether the latest DirectX is compatible with it? 2) Also , it is directX9 still or has it moved on?
Advertisement
get a new C++ compiler. VC++ 6.0 is just bleh.

You can upgrade to 2005, use Dev C++, MinGW developer studio, or Code::Blocks for free.

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

6.0 should be compatible if you just configure your compiler, and its currently at 9.0c but soon 10 when Vista ever comes out.

Look at Wikipedia - DirectX: Scroll down and you will see all the releases and dates of DirectX
It should work if set up correctly. However, you shouldn't really be using VC++6; you can upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Express for free.

You can get the latest DirectX SDK from Microsoft.

Yes, I did essentially just repeat the information given by the above posters, but I wanted to emphasise that you should upgrade from VC++6 unless you've got some good reason for staying with it; that being said, yes you should be able to use it if you really want to do so.

- Jason Astle-Adams

You can use directx 9 with vb6 as I am using it without anyproblem too...
I know its a lot outdated but thats the way my college wants me to go..

Cheers

Quote:Original post by mrvaibhavpanchal
You can use directx 9 with vb6 as I am using it without anyproblem too...
I know its a lot outdated but thats the way my college wants me to go..

Cheers

I thought DX 9 was not compatible with VB 6. How are you doing it?

I also thought VC++ wasn't compatible with DX 9 after the summer/fall '04 DX 9 release. Guys how are you getting it to work?

Any answers on how to use VB & VC++ 6 with the most up to date DX 9 SDKs?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement