Sign in to follow this  

exporter for Maya 7.1 needed

This topic is 4243 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Doesn't the DirectX SDK have an exporter for Maya ? If the sources are provided, you can recompile it with the Maya 7.1 SDK, it should work fine.

We have our own exporter.
You didn't say : did you try to recompile the DirectX Exporter witht the Maya SDK 7.1 ??

thanks paic for ur time , actully the exoprter is written in unmanaged code while i work with [MDX] and not familier with unmanaged code and i can't make modifications to improve it . i think i am confused by microsoft and maya exporters , i will try to find the exporter u mentions thanks alot ++ for u .

the Maya7.0 exporter will work fine with Maya 7.01. As with paic, i use my own exporter. Alternatives are to extract the data from FBX, or collada (both require C++ knowledge). Writing your own is do-able, my site covers a fair amount of how to extract anim&model data from maya

This topic is 4243 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.