Sign in to follow this  

About synchronization game graphics with programming language

This topic is 4249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to everybody I wonder that how i can synchronizate game graphics with game engine? For example, I did a 3D character in a modelling program like 3D Studio Max. After that how can I import it to a programming language and use it with codes?

You have to write a program that sets up and uses OpenGL or DirectX to show graphics, then you have to write a loader that will load the different parts of the 3d file that you can then draw using OpenGL or DirectX.

To elaborate a bit further, your character would be a model, and when you save or export it from the graphics program you'll get it in a certain format. You then have to write code that is capable of loading that format (or write code for a certain format and convert your model to that format) so that you can display the model on screen using a graphics API.

As an example, NeHe Lesson #31 shows how to load and display a MilkShape3d model using the OpenGL graphics API.

If you are using DirectX, see if your modeller can export .X files, there may be a converter or plugin for your modeller to export to .X.

You can then use the ID3DXFile interface and it's support interfaces to load in your model. The .X files even support animation.

This topic is 4249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.