"No symbol loaded "error

Started by
2 comments, last by Ahmet 17 years, 11 months ago
When compiling my program giving me warning like that : Compiling... Ana.cpp Linking... LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library and than when i want to run(in debug mod) my program it gives me this :) 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Book\CANDemo\Release\CANDemo.exe', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Book\CANDemo\CAND3D.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvfw32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8thk.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', No symbols loaded. 'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded. The program '[2312] CANDemo.exe: Native' has exited with code 1244820 (0x12fe94). what is this , what is "No symbol loaded" error?I think i cant load my dll from my lib , what can cause this problem?Soryy for i have filled this thead wih just output . Thanks for all help :)
Advertisement
These are just normal output messages, except for the error code (most programs exit with 0x0). Is your program not acting as you expected, or are you just puzzled over the debugger output?
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Quote:Original post by Ahmet
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification

There's a project setting called "Enable COMDAT folding" in the Linker -> Optimization section. Edit and continue is a feature that allows you to modify and recompile your code in the middle of debugging. So the linker basically says it can't enable edit and continue with the /OPT:ICF setting turned on. Try changing to /OPT:NOICF or remove the /EDITANDCONTINUE to make this warning go away.

Quote:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

LIBCD is the debug version of the standard runtime library. This warning pops up most often if you have several projects in your solution and they are linked against different flavors of the standard library, look at project settings -> C/C++ -> Code generation -> Runtime Library, and check that each project in the solution uses the same library version.

If you have only one project in your solution, the problem might be that you're linking to some other conflicting libraries, in that case check Linker -> Input.

Quote:
'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Book\CANDemo\Release\CANDemo.exe', No symbols loaded.
'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'CANDemo.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded.

This means that the for the DLLs that your program uses, the debugging symbols are not loaded. This means that you can't trace the program execution into those libraries. To get symbols for all microsoft libraries, you might want to check this: How to use a symbol server with the Visual Studio .NET or Visual Studio 2005 debugger
Thanks for help ,especially clp , it will help me :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement