Sign in to follow this  

3D Object Simplifier [Silhouette extraction]

This topic is 4244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi i like to implement an algorithme which would be able to remove inner nodes of an 3D object. means i have to reduce the number of polygons with a constraint says the object has to remove only all inner primitives, the outter it mustn't touch! exist there a tool which is able to do this for 3ds files? or how can i implement this as easy as possible thanks 3dhelp <-> gmail.com adegli

Do you want to render a siluette, if so, removing "inner" data won't help. The siluette "needs different data" depending on the angle it's at.

If you only ever need it from one angle, you could make a 2d mesh out of it and simplify away everything that isn't a "siluette edge". This can be done in most 3d-editors easily.

If all you want to do is render a siluette, there are way easier ways of doin' that. :D

thanks,

ok, i know it would be a quite complex problem to solve, but i guess it would be
one of the best way to compute shadow caster for high resolved meshes. i have very
big models, so i like to remove the inner nodes, normaly hiden, and i like to
cast shadows only for the visible nodes (outside, silhouette)

then i like alos use the convex hull of them to do interaction with the objects.

also what i am looking for is....
(a) good algorithme to compute shadow casters from big objects
(b) if possible object polgon reduction by holding the object surface
(c) ...

adegli

This topic is 4244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.