help, can't debug in vc++ net

Started by
5 comments, last by KulSeran 17 years, 11 months ago
i am using the visual c++ 2005 net, and i can't debug NOWHERE in my code. i tried putting a breakpoint , step into and "run to cursor", nothing works. i know it goes into a certain part of the code, because i used a messagebox tp see if it goes into a code, and it does. i received the messagebox. but using the "step into" doesn't work. it is just me or is that kinda weird?
Advertisement
This may seem like a silly question but are you using the debug build?

theTroll
Not weird at all. Yet. Are you running in Release? Have you made sure that debug information is being generated? Are you actually attaching the debugger to the process?
Ok but tell me us more about your project.
Is it a win32 or pure .NET ( with .NET framework) project ?

In case of win32 project , put a breakpoint on WinMain instruction
1) i am doing a debug build
2) this is an opengl project and pure win32, i am not using any .net things
3)what do u mean attach to process?

i tried putting a breakpoit int the winMain, just gets ingnored.

when i enter the debug for the first time, it goes into crt0.c (comes with c++) and goes into

#endif /* _WINMAIN_ */

if ( !managedapp )
exit(mainret);

_cexit();

}
__except ( _XcptFilter(GetExceptionCode(), GetExceptionInformation()) )
{

after jumping in this file, it goes directly to the program (ingores all my coding)
Using Win32, there is a chance that the messages are not being caught because the debugger is in the foreground. As such,
your code may not be getting run, since windows isn't sending it messages for the msg loop to process anything.

Are you just running the debugger? or did you actuall start the debugger, switch to the game window, and then wait for the breakpoint to
get hit?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement