Making programs to convert my own data to .x files...

Started by
1 comment, last by SilencedViolence 17 years, 11 months ago
I'd like to use Direct X for a final programming project for high school. I've already planned out my own system for storing data about points, meshes, etc. I'd like to be able to convert this data into .x files. Since I'm short on time I don't want anything fancy, and trust me, I don't have time to write my own methods for rendering anything. So, what I need to know is the file format of .x files, so that I can write a nice and simple program in C++ to make these files out of the raw data I've already created using my own program for inputting points, etc. Would anyone be willing to tell me this format or at least point me to where I can find this information? (I've tried googling and searched the forums a bit, but I have other things to work on, and thus if this question has been answered elsewhere I appologize for posting it again.) Thanks in advance...
~ SilencedViolence
Advertisement
There's a whole API for writing .x files documented in the SDK so you don't need to actually read/write the raw format. There's a tutorial/article on gamedev.
ZMan
Alright, thank you...

It's rahter complicated though... I think I've founda temporary solution for what I need.
~ SilencedViolence

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement