Would this be enough work to get a team started?

Started by
6 comments, last by crystallus_sancire 17 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I'm not a programmer so naturally I would need a programmer. If I were to have a tactical rpg planned out from start to finish, a design doc completed, many completed 3d models with completed and accurate rigging, and a lot of concept art done, as well as a website complete with forums... would that be enough to start looking for a team? I've been told you need to program yourself, but I simply not a programmer... could I find a team based on what I described and find people to program for me?
Advertisement
Well sure you could find people for a team I'm sure. If you can manage to get a team of programmers, etc to design and implement a game based on your description, then you are all set to making a game. All you have to do is find a team of people that are willing to do that. So yep, that is possible.
Note that it's generally considered hard for artists to attract programmers to their projects, rather than the other way around. It falls into the whole "Everyone has an idea for a game" issue. However, if you truly have an amazing amount of material ready, you might get lucky.
Quote:Note that it's generally considered hard for artists to attract programmers to their projects, rather than the other way around. It falls into the whole "Everyone has an idea for a game" issue. However, if you truly have an amazing amount of material ready, you might get lucky.

so it's still a matter of luck...
My company's goal is to provide you the means to make your game. You would need to learn some programming, but not much. Our engine is designed to let a team of artists and designers make a full game and let us take care of the technical side. The only issue is that our engine is still in development and we won't start our early adoption program for several months still... But if you're still looking at the end of the summer, we could be an option.

Indium Studios, Inc.
-----------------------------------Indium Studios, Inc.
it not just luck, anything you can show will increse you chances
When iv browesd through gamedevs help wanted the biggest thing are 9 out of 10 post are "I have a vauge idea and a unused dns so i thought id make a game" the more you can prove
1: you know what your doing
2: your commited to finishing it
3: your actaully contributing something
the better your chances are
My advice is to try it and see. If you get people, then you had enough. If not, you didn't, but no harm done -- just keep plugging at your game, and try again when you have more art done. It'd probably be good to generate a little of each of props, levels, characters, weapons, etc. That means you can mock up some scenes from your game and render it out offline, then post it as "concept art" for the programmers to get interested in.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Nice, thanks guys. Expect a game design complete with loads of concept art, and loads of completed 3d models with rigs, maybe some landscapes... by the end of next week.

just kidding, end of summer ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement