[web] Yet another "I have a design" thread

Started by
6 comments, last by Avatar God 17 years, 11 months ago
After juggling a few designs around the place, I think I have finally settled on one that I like. Now I just need to hear what you think [grin] Pay no real heed to all the grey and white, the whole thing is still just a rough sketch with a lot of work to be done. I just want to hear initial impressions. What I wanted to go for was something simple, easily navigable, and yet could be made fairly respectable looking. I haven't quite reached that one yet. Clicka da mouse here. Any and all feedback appreciated. EDIT: Changed the link location so I can post on another site. [Edited by - aidan_walsh on May 1, 2006 5:40:10 PM]
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Advertisement
Wow, I actually really like the bottom half (erm, Products/News and below).

Everything above that point confuses me (well, placeholders always do that to me)...

Even black and gray and white with blue links, I like the bottom half.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Thanking you. Many of those links work as well, thought I kind of feel myself that the pages they link to might be a little bit generic.

I guess the top half is kind of non-obvious. The top left will be the site logo, with a couple of generic off site/subsite links on it. The top right (the lager section) is intended to be like one of your common type rotating ads, with the large picture and unhelpful text [grin]. Not Flash based though, the web has enough of those...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Well, there's nothing to say about it really. Pretty much your generic top-bar-with-ads-and-left-column-menu-thingy layout. Try putting a couple of design elements in there so it at least vaguely resembles what you're after.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

I liked the layout, it look pretty clean and easy to navigate.
its pretty generic and basic, you can spice it up with css! other than that good job...
--------------------------- -- To Each His Own! -- Please Add to my rating if you think i helped you out! --
pls - don't reinvent the wheel.

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/skidoo/index.html

lots of generic designs. Mess with these. Propper css layouts.
Quote:Original post by DarkSlayer
pls - don't reinvent the wheel.

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/skidoo/index.html

lots of generic designs. Mess with these. Propper css layouts.
Because that is exactly what aidan_walsh needs - a crappy three column site that doesn't fit his content needs at all!

In fact, his site is still a variation on that theme, but done correctly! He still has two columns with a top nav bar, but chooses not to randomly color the entire page.

As for whether or not the site uses "propper" CSS... it does.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement