Sign in to follow this  

Another 'book' question...

This topic is 4245 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello gamedev, Does anyone know of any good beginner books that actually feature assignments to test your skills. A book with game development in mind would be a huge plus. I'm not exactly completely new to C++ but, I would say I am still in the beginner skill set. I wouldn't mind starting from "Hello World" if thats where the book begins. Again, the most important thing is that it features assignments for me to work on. All suggestions welcome, thanks.

Any thoughts on on this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592002056/sr=1-3/qid=1146526059/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-0198608-9705755?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=books

After reading the reviews here on gamedev, I decided that book above^ was the best choice for me. Although it didn't have official assignments, it has tiny game you can make to show your progess throughout the book.

Thanks for the help.

This topic is 4245 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.