Another 'book' question...

Started by
2 comments, last by kevtimc 17 years, 11 months ago
Hello gamedev, Does anyone know of any good beginner books that actually feature assignments to test your skills. A book with game development in mind would be a huge plus. I'm not exactly completely new to C++ but, I would say I am still in the beginner skill set. I wouldn't mind starting from "Hello World" if thats where the book begins. Again, the most important thing is that it features assignments for me to work on. All suggestions welcome, thanks.
Advertisement
This site has loads of books and reviews. You'll not only be able to see if they include exercises, but in some cases a table of contents is provided as well. [smile]
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Any thoughts on on this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592002056/sr=1-3/qid=1146526059/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-0198608-9705755?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=books
After reading the reviews here on gamedev, I decided that book above^ was the best choice for me. Although it didn't have official assignments, it has tiny game you can make to show your progess throughout the book.

Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement