Sign in to follow this  
ikuvhb

C++

I want to learn C++ can anyone tell me where I can find some free tutorials weather online or for download. Thanks.

Dev-C++, Code::Blocks come with GNU-GCC I think, and I believe MS C++ Express or whatever is free (so they say).

Thanks, do you know about any ebooks that are free or tutorials that I can download? Or even any really good online tutorials?

Yeah, there's a free e-book here called Thinking in C++. It's a good classic for beginners.

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html#DownloadingTheBook

MS dosen't make you pay for the compiler, it makes you pay for the Debuger and the IDE. I don't think any company makes you pay for their compiler...

Quote:
Original post by Surg
MS dosen't make you pay for the compiler, it makes you pay for the Debuger and the IDE. I don't think any company makes you pay for their compiler...

Yes, and no, I do believe advanced features of the compiler you have to pay for. And of course, to reiterate, Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition is a free download until November.

Actually, Microsoft will give you a compiler complete with IDE and debugger for free (until November) but if you have d/loaded before Nov then you can keep forever.

On a side note however, I have heard from people on GameDev that the express edition of Visual Studio does not support add-ins so Visual Assist X will be no good to you with this compiler.

And like _goat said, there are probably more advanced features of the (pay for) compiler.

Quote:
Original post by Adam Hamilton
Actually, Microsoft will give you a compiler complete with IDE and debugger for free (until November) but if you have d/loaded before Nov then you can keep forever.

Actually, that stipulation has been removed, the Express Edition compilers are now free to download forever (compiler, IDE, and all).

Quote:
Original post by Surg
I don't think any company makes you pay for their compiler...

There are... for example the Intel compiler is not available for free.