C++

Started by
10 comments, last by Jockel 17 years, 11 months ago
I want to learn C++ can anyone tell me where I can find some free tutorials weather online or for download. Thanks.
Advertisement
www.cprogramming.com

You're probably better off with a book though, do an amazon.com search for "C++" and see which ones you like best.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Ok what about a good FREE compiler... I dont have money to spend on books and compiliers...
Dev-C++, Code::Blocks come with GNU-GCC I think, and I believe MS C++ Express or whatever is free (so they say).
Yes, Visual C++ Express Edition is free (forever), and I would recommened using it because it has an excellent debugger, and will work well with whatever API you choose. Check out the MSDN Express page for more info.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Thanks, do you know about any ebooks that are free or tutorials that I can download? Or even any really good online tutorials?
Yeah, there's a free e-book here called Thinking in C++. It's a good classic for beginners.

http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html#DownloadingTheBook
MS dosen't make you pay for the compiler, it makes you pay for the Debuger and the IDE. I don't think any company makes you pay for their compiler...
Quote:Original post by Surg
MS dosen't make you pay for the compiler, it makes you pay for the Debuger and the IDE. I don't think any company makes you pay for their compiler...

Yes, and no, I do believe advanced features of the compiler you have to pay for. And of course, to reiterate, Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition is a free download until November.
[ search: google ][ programming: msdn | boost | opengl ][ languages: nihongo ]
Actually, Microsoft will give you a compiler complete with IDE and debugger for free (until November) but if you have d/loaded before Nov then you can keep forever.

On a side note however, I have heard from people on GameDev that the express edition of Visual Studio does not support add-ins so Visual Assist X will be no good to you with this compiler.

And like _goat said, there are probably more advanced features of the (pay for) compiler.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement