XInput questions

Started by
4 comments, last by circlesoft 17 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys, Just wondering if XInput was compatiable with the original xbox controller as well, or if it is soley for the 360 controller? And also, how is the xbox 360 controller usually connected to a pc? Is there a USB converter, or is it done wirelessly? Cheers
Advertisement
XInput only does the 360 controller.

It is connected through the USB port -- just buy one at Target and plug it in; it comes with USB.

Sadly, the wireless version does NOT seem to work for PC at this time :-(
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Ahhh thanks for the info and the hasty reply.
I'm surprised that it doesn't work wirelessly, don't the controllers run on 802.1? Or has microsoft just not included the functionality for them to be detected by PCs? I guess everyone tom, dick and harry wouldn't want their PC spaming messgaes about new hardware found when they are playing halo 3...
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
XInput only does the 360 controller.

Can other gamepads that abide by the 360 controller standard be used through XInput as well? For example, if I plug in a 3rd party 360 controller, will it still be usable by XInput, or is this soley limited to Microsoft-produced controllers?
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
I would assume that all 360 controllers work with XInput, although I haven't tested it. It would be insane if that wasn't the case, though, so I'd easily bet a donut that it'll work.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
I would assume that all 360 controllers work with XInput, although I haven't tested it.

Yea, I would certainly hope so too. That would be really nice to get a wireless attachement too. For one, it would just be nice to have on the PC, and two, who wants to play with a wired controller on the 360?

Quote:so I'd easily bet a donut that it'll work.

Just to clear this up: one from Dunkin' Donuts, or a Krispy Kreme???
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement