Need help with 3DS Max 7

Started by
16 comments, last by Professor420 17 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
3dsmax has a free 30-day trial.

However, it's a really complex and powerful program, and trying to learn it in just 30 days is a little bit like trying to drink the Atlatic ocean through a straw :-)

If you don't know 3D modeling at all, or how modeling programs work in general, there are probably easier and cheaper tools to start learning on (like Milkshape, say).

I don't have the trial, I have a registered version. I downloaded the demo and then registered it.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by dbzfanl
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
3dsmax has a free 30-day trial.

However, it's a really complex and powerful program, and trying to learn it in just 30 days is a little bit like trying to drink the Atlatic ocean through a straw :-)

If you don't know 3D modeling at all, or how modeling programs work in general, there are probably easier and cheaper tools to start learning on (like Milkshape, say).

I don't have the trial, I have a registered version. I downloaded the demo and then registered it.

so you have a stand-alone license?
that's a lot of money to blow for a beginner who really hasn't explored the program. Or do you have a student license for it?
Max was a hell of a involved investment for me, scrimped and saved for a long time.
I have a regular license for it. And I can use the program well- I have four ships already done, they just need texturing.
A regular license costs thousands of dollars.
A student license costs about $200.
A trial is free and lasts 30 days.
A crack is free, lasts forever, but is illegal.

There's no way you have a regular license, you've said you don't have a student license, so either your misunderstanding what the trial period is or its cracked. The demo doesn't give you a license, its just a trial version, regardless of if you 'register' or not it lasts 30 days. After that you have to buy the program. So did you buy the program, or are you using the 30 day trial? Perhaps you can clear this up.
-------------www.robg3d.com
Quote:Original post by Professor420
There's no way you have a regular license,

What makes you say that?

And forget it, no one is helping me anyways...

no, no one will make them for you.
yes, you might be able to find some online.
If you want to learn, read a tutorial, they are not hard to find.

As for Max, the reason they think you stole it is because you seemingly have no interest in learning, you just want people to do the work for you. Your what, probably between 15 and 17, and Max costs thousands of dollars. You couldn't have bought it unless your parents are exceptionally rich; far more likely is that you torrented a cracked version. If we are wrong, please forgive us.

Thats the reason we dont think you own it. If you want to learn it anyways, reguardless of what we think, grab some tutorials. Best way to learn.

slowpid
3dsmax8 directly from autodesk, currently only $3,145.50
Why not just admit you Dled the demo, and found a crack for it? There's little shame in admitting it, IMO. I'm opening up a whole can of worms, but program piracy on an individual educational level I don't see as a huge problem (as opposed to film/music piracy). My feeling is that the software companies have a better interest in getting you comfortable with their products, so that's what you use in school, and eventually, your career. Actually, that's why they make extremely powerful versions of free software (such as Gmax and Maya PLE).
-------------www.robg3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement