• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Is anybody using the FreeBSD amd64 build?

This topic is 4367 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm in the middle of redoing a lot of the systems here in my home network and so I just wanted to see if anybody is using the amd64 build and what their experience is? I use i386 for my SVN / bugtracker / backup server and was thinking about installing the amd64 build on this system: ASUS A8V Deluxe Mobo AMD FX-53 2GB DDR400 Geforce 6800GT 250GB HDD Samsung DVDROM Sony DVDRW Linksys Wireless-G (I'm assuming there isn't atheros support yet and I will have to use a wired LAN) After going through the notes I am assuming the OS will work fine on this workstation but I'm not sure what to expect for driver and application support. I don't use the onboard RAID so that isn't a problem although the HDD is SATA which I hope isn't a problem. If anybody has used this build with any of the above hardware at all please let me know how it has worked out. Is anybody running Code::Blocks on this platform? Thanks for any information.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement