• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Darjk

FBO - Screenshots?

This topic is 4546 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

G'day all, I just spent the past 30 minutes adding support for both FBO and PixelBuffers which are all working fine. Now I want to switch over my image saving code to make use of them but I have absolutely no idea, and I'm sure its something simple as scouring the net for info has been a lost cause. My current screenshots are being done with the standard glReadPixels() from the Back Buffer which works ok - I just have no idea how to get the image data from the texture that both the FBO and PBuffer have rendered to. Been trying to figure it out for the past couple of hours now with no luck and I know its something simple that I'm missing :( Any info / links / code would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Advertisement
Thanks Phantom, figured it would be something simple.

Now to implement it and hope that it all works happily together :)

Edit: Cheers Phantom, doing glReadPIxels() while it was still bound worked a treat. Previously I was Binding, Rendering, Unbinding, then checking which as you know didn't give me what I wanted. Have it all working well with both my GIF animation exporter and Screenshot Saving.

[Edited by - Darjk on May 6, 2006 10:57:47 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!