• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pnroach

sockets

This topic is 4582 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi there i am looking for some free light weight & easy-to-use socket server library in c++. i want it to do the following : ** listen to specified port for incoming client signals ** have a bunch of overridable routines for connection, data receiving events ** send and receive plain text strings any suggestions?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
asio (http://asio.sourceforge.net/)

it is worth noting that i am going to use sockets for transferring data on a localy (not over any network). so won't using those libraries be sort of "overreacting"?

Why are you using "sockets" to move data locally? Does not make sense to me. Please explain what you are trying to do.

theTroll

Never thought of doing that. Yeah Raknet would be some seroius overkill. It is not hard to write a simple socket libray that would do what you need it to. What language and are you using .net?

theTroll

my app will be written in C++. no .net though.

the movie will send XML docs via socket and my app will have to analyze them and respond sending XML stuff back to the movie

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!