• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

rendering sun radiation

This topic is 4368 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i m implementing the paper "a practical analytic model for daylight", currently, i've implemented the skylight code, however, I dont have the book "An introduction to solar energy", thus, i dont know how to implement the sunlight. would anybody here give me some reference material or any suggestion, so that i can finish the sunlight.

Advertisement
You can render the sun as a directional light with some corona in front of it. Just combine it with "atmospheric scattering" to calculate some light boucing off particles in the air etc...
I don't think there's another solution to sunlight, unless you want to leave the word REALTIME...

hi,actually, my intention is to implement the paper, not to render something in realtime. any other suggestion?

what is more, i m not so clear about what the last statement in the following function do and how i can implement the class RiColorXYZV.(it is from the source of the original paper)

Thanks...

RiSpectrum RiSunSky::GetSkySpectralRadiance(RiReal theta, RiReal phi) const
{
RiReal gamma = RiAngleBetween(theta,phi,thetaS,phiS);
// Compute xyY values
RiReal x = PerezFunction(perez_x, theta, gamma, zenith_x);
RiReal y = PerezFunction(perez_y, theta, gamma, zenith_y);
RiReal Y = PerezFunction(perez_Y, theta, gamma, zenith_Y);

RiSpectrum spect = ChromaticityToSpectrum(x,y);

// A simple luminance function would be more efficient.
return Y * spect / RiColorXYZV(spect).Y();
}

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement