Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hypherion

SDL+linux+windows+devcpp headache

This topic is 4580 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

i have some problems when compiling/linking (on windows with DevC++) my SDL project which i wrote in linux. Does anyone have an idea on what i need to add in the makefile so that i won't get these errors?
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `SDL_GetError' 
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `SDL_SetModuleHandle' 

i am using my linux makefile which i compiled (converted) to windows using devc++.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Do you have it setup to link everything properly? I just dug up an old backup CD with some crap from when I was tinkering with SDL in linux, and found this in the makefiles:

LDFLAGS = `sdl-config --libs`

Looks like that's a script that gets installed with the SDL libs to make it less of a pain in the ass to figure out where to point it. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whoops sorry, I completely missed your question haha. I thought you were trying to get it to work in linux.

In Dev-C++, just make sure you set it up to point at the right 'lib' directory (where you installed your SDL stuff).

I do have this in another makefile (this one is for Dev-C++):


DEVPATH="C:\Dev-C++"
CFLAGS=-s -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -IC:\$(DEVPATH)\INCLUDE\ -IC:\$(DEVPATH)\INCLUDE\$(GPP) -IC:\$(DEVPATH)\INCLUDE\ -LC:\$(DEVPATH)\LIB\ -BC:\$(DEVPATH)\BIN\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thanks for the reply ...

i think it points to the includes because it doesn't give errors when linking SDL_gfx, SDL_image or SDL_ttf

if it helpes here is the win version of the makefile


# Project: Asteroids
# Makefile created by Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2

CPP = g++.exe -D__DEBUG__
CC = gcc.exe -D__DEBUG__
WINDRES = windres.exe
RES =
OBJ = Asteroids.o Input.o SDLCharacter.o SDLGraphics.o SDLText.o SDLTimer.o $(RES)
LINKOBJ = Asteroids.o Input.o SDLCharacter.o SDLGraphics.o SDLText.o SDLTimer.o $(RES)
LIBS = -L"D:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -lmingw32 -lSDL -lSDLmain -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lSDL_gfx -g3
INCS = -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include"
CXXINCS = -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include"
BIN = Asteroids.exe
CXXFLAGS = $(CXXINCS) -g3
CFLAGS = $(INCS) -g3
RM = rm -f

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before Asteroids.exe all-after


clean: clean-custom
${RM} $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
$(CPP) $(LINKOBJ) -o "Asteroids.exe" $(LIBS)

Asteroids.o: Asteroids.cpp
$(CPP) -c Asteroids.cpp -o Asteroids.o $(CXXFLAGS)

Input.o: Input.cpp
$(CPP) -c Input.cpp -o Input.o $(CXXFLAGS)

SDLCharacter.o: SDLCharacter.cpp
$(CPP) -c SDLCharacter.cpp -o SDLCharacter.o $(CXXFLAGS)

SDLGraphics.o: SDLGraphics.cpp
$(CPP) -c SDLGraphics.cpp -o SDLGraphics.o $(CXXFLAGS)

SDLText.o: SDLText.cpp
$(CPP) -c SDLText.cpp -o SDLText.o $(CXXFLAGS)

SDLTimer.o: SDLTimer.cpp
$(CPP) -c SDLTimer.cpp -o SDLTimer.o $(CXXFLAGS)





EDIT: typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is a long shot, but try swapping the orders of -lSDL and -lSDLmain. I googled, and found that to work for some people.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!