• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

moderators in a mmorpg???

This topic is 4270 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

the purpose of a police/guard system in a mmorpg will be to make the moderation bit a bit more intresting.the guards will be real people who will sort out basically anything bad going on? i just want know if implementing a guard/police system would seem like a good idea to gamers? thank you in advance for your extremely kind responses:P

Advertisement
I wouldn't. Most of the problems that crop up in MMOs aren't really "in character". That is, a guard would find himself spending most of his time not on "forsooth, didst thou stealest yon jerkin?" but rather "forsooth, didst thou swear thou wouldst 'go to that shitcock's house and buttrape his dog' and then hax0r him?" It's not a gameplay thing but a procedural thing, so it shouldn't be made part of the gameplay.

OTOH it would add in some good old human corruption into the mix. Make things a little more realistic maybe.

"Hey, we can get into this place and get this item even though we're at a low level, I know the guard there, he'll let us in!!!"

Quote:
Original post by Sneftel
That is, a guard would find himself spending most of his time not on "forsooth, didst thou stealest yon jerkin?" but rather "forsooth, didst thou swear thou wouldst 'go to that shitcock's house and buttrape his dog' and then hax0r him?"

[lol]

I wouldn't do it if I were you.
It might be an idea to have some NPC "City Guards" in the Safe Zones, though.
You would otherwise have to keep the moderator characters manned and they would have to stay in character to really give them a purpose.

My advice is let the NPC's do the grunt work and have Player/Moderators that can keep things in order if the NPC's fuck up. Have the Mods notified when an NPC is in trouble or something and then they can do something, otherwise let the NPCS do it.

I would like it if the game moderators were more interactive with their community. They would be swallowed alive though in most situations if the game was popular enough.

Quote:
Original post by CNSW
I wouldn't do it if I were you.
It might be an idea to have some NPC "City Guards" in the Safe Zones, though.
You would otherwise have to keep the moderator characters manned and they would have to stay in character to really give them a purpose.

My advice is let the NPC's do the grunt work and have Player/Moderators that can keep things in order if the NPC's fuck up. Have the Mods notified when an NPC is in trouble or something and then they can do something, otherwise let the NPCS do it.

thnx everybody for your replies.
i've decided to implement a idea similar to the one above..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement