• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ade-the-heat

OpenGL ah! where do I download opengl h, lib and dll files for windows from ??

This topic is 4456 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

went to opengl.org, trawled round there for a while - where do I get the opengl libs, dlls and h files from ? This is driving me mad ! I couldn't see a link in this forums faqs - so I'm either stupid or blind (v. likely) cheers Adrian

Advertisement
Most compilers/IDE come with it already and if they don't you should be able to find an option to download it.

Afaik the only ones which don't are the MS VS Express Edition, for which you'll need to download the 'platform SDK' and install that

Sounds like you are going to start learning OpenGL, nehe.gamedev.net is good at that.
I got OpenGL with Dev-C++ (free compiler - http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)
Tried to find the files for u but it was hard try yourself, search: "gl.h" on google.com

Quote:
Original post by ade-the-heat
went to opengl.org, trawled round there for a while - where do I get the opengl
libs, dlls and h files from ? This is driving me mad !
I couldn't see a link in this forums faqs - so I'm either stupid or blind (v. likely)

cheers

Adrian

As others have already said, with few exceptions the needed header as well as library files come prepackaged with your compiler/IDE suite of choice. Which IDE/compiler are you using?

I'm not a noob, I was just setting up my new laptop and realised that nothing was going on it ! So I went round to the websites and found nothing.
It's all fine on my old pc so I just copied the files over from that.
I'm using VC++.net 2003

thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!