Debug D3DX uses 22 threads on a dual core CPU?

Started by
20 comments, last by Evil Steve 17 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Programmer16
You could always write a debug logging system. My current system logs a ton of the stuff that Direct3D does and without all of the nonsense (it logs renderstate changes and values, texturestagestate changes and values, sampler state changes and values, texture creation and creation parameters, device creation, and optionally hardware enumeration. I'm still working on vertex/indexbuffers, shaders, and a few other things.) If you design the system around the Direct3D classes you can do a simple debug switch conditional to get rid of the extra logging:
*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Here's an example of my log: *** IMAGE REMOVED ***

Is obviously a LOT slower (since I'm using about 20 overloaded functions to get the string version of types) but its helps a lot when tracking down bugs.

Edit: Also, I want one of those Apples too!

Edit 2: Yeah, I just realized that my response isn't very helpful, since the debug isn't the problem its the thread situation, sorry!

Sorry for this being completely off the topic, but what is the name of the XP theme you're using? That looks nice.
Advertisement
Turning the output off would be the easy way [smile] I'm more interested in what D3DX is doing really. I know I'm being stubborn [smile]. I'll try posting on the DX private newsgroup when I get home tonight.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement